Music is embedded in the life of Richfield UMC. A ministry of the heart, music cultivates spiritual vitality through worship, concerts, and as a community. May we innovate with courage, honor tradition, and expand the ways we praise God through the gift of music. Worship features a unique flavor of music that is varied and balanced. The standard worship music rotation schedule is:
1st Sundays: Organ/Choral Music
2nd/3rd Sundays: Blended Music
4th Sundays: Living Waters Band
Worship leaders on the chancel will often be unmasked. If you sing along, you must wear your mask.
There is a variety of music ensembles and community user groups who rehearse and/or perform concerts on campus:
- The Sanctuary Pipe Organ was recently renovated and fills the space with great music played by Music Director Nancy Dierauer.
- Chancel Choir is an SATB choir (soprano/alto/tenor/bass) led by Paige Armstrong, choir director.
- Living Waters Band jams on a mix of classic hymns, modern progressive Christian rock, and secular music, led by Victor Zupanc.
- Chancel Bell Choir carries on the storied tradition of beautiful tintinnabulation, led by Ann Johnson, bell director.
- Sunday School Choir empowers young children to share their gift of song, led by Ann Johnson, Lisa Oster, and Becca Whitaker.
- Special Guests enhance the worship experience, including soloists, duets and quartets, and many musicians of every instrument family, including a Christmas Eve string quartet during the traditional worship service and Easter Sunday brass.
- Groth Music Scholars share their musical gifts in worship throughout the summer months.
- Twin Cities Masters Chorale and one of the Greater Twin Cities Youth Symphony ensembles rehearse on campus. TCMC typically performs at least one concert each year on campus, and other recent concerts and/or guest ensembles in worship have included the Twin Cities Gay Men’s Chorus, and Southside Singers.
Browse all hymns, songs, and other musical selections that appeared in worship since May 30, 2021. This collection is listed in alphabetical order by title. Tap or click the date link and go straight to that piece of music in worship. To look up a musical setting by title, author, or date: search with “Find in Page” in your mobile browser or use the browser search function from your PC or Mac. If the song was the very first element in the order of worship and you last left off in the middle of worship, you may have to scrub back to the beginning. (UMH: United Methodist Hymnal, TFWS: The Faith We Sing hymnal)
Music is listed as follows:
Date(s) in Worship
Enjoy God’s gift of music!
Down by the Riverside (traditional) – 05.30.2021
Now Praise the Hidden God of Love (TFWS #2027) – 07.25.2021
One Lord – 07.11.2021
People Get Ready (Curtis Mayfield) – 07.04.2021
You Say (Lauren Daigle) – 06.13.2021